Monday, May 18, 2009

Return of the native

After a long gap I decided to continue my blog. In between my last post and now I had been to India and had my cataract operation on my left eye. Because of Operation I could not read much. Before The operation I have read Jumba Lahiri’s The Interpreter of Maladies. It’s a beautiful collection of short stories. It deserved the Pulitzer Prize. After that book I have not read much. Back in U.S. I could not find time to read as baby sitting of my grandson never allows me to read much. Hence my free time is now is fully spent on browsing the net only.

The following quote is from an article I have read it from the net.
The pleasures of Shakespeare are sometimes there on the surface, but always only partially; they always subsist as well on a deeper, more difficult, unfathomable level. Reaching it requires reading and rereading the entire body of work, the whole giving an almost unbearable thrill to the part.
I cannot but agree.

No comments: