Monday, March 20, 2006

RUDENESS

sorry folks. I could not log on as I was pre occupied.Recently I read an aricle in Hindu Metro Plus(15.03.06)titled Rudeworld.After retirement I took up a job as consultant in an education institution.At the vey firstday in my office I had to encounter a rude person. Unfornutely I have to coordinate with him in preparing files for my boss. At first I coud not fathom the reason for his rudeness.After all I am highier in the hierarchy.But then only I came to understand the reason.He feels threatened on my arrival. I am having a very difficult time with him. In the Article the author discusses various reasons for rude behaviour. The times we are living is also the part of the blame.Traffic snarl, deadline committal, pressure of work also contribute.

One of the people interviewed by the author says: "Rudeness is not a nature, but a requirement.It saves time. It is sometimes a safe form of self-defence without getting violent" But rude to a colleague is unfair.Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strengteh as observed by Eric Hoffer, rhe American writer.

Sayings to ponder:

As societies grew decadent, the language grows decadent too. Words are used to disguise, not to illuminate.
- Gore Vidal.

It is the niceties that make the difference, fate gives us the hand and we play the cards.
-Arthur Schopenhauer
German philospher.

No comments: